How to Properly Sanitize Stuffed Toys
Did you know that your child will carry her favorite stuffed toy wherever she goes? Whether she is in the toilet or playing outside or on the floor, it will always be there with her. As a parent, this something to worry about as these toys collect a lot of germs and dust when she is playing. If you do not want to see your bundle of joy sick and unhappy, then you must keep her stuffed toys clean and sanitized.
Washing stuffed toys are not hard. Before cleaning the toys, you have to separate them since there are some toys which are older than the others, and this means that they are more delicate compared to the rest. There are different ways on how you can clean stuffed toys. Depending on the nature of the stuffed toy, you can either choose to clean them with the machines or you can hand wash.
Machine washing stuffed toys
Some toys, such as teddy bears or bunnies, can easily be cleaned by the use of machines. This is the easiest method for parents to use. However, you should be very careful when it comes to using this method as some toys can easily be damaged or get worn out. You should check the manufacturer instructions before you put you staffed toys in the machine to get instructions on how to clean them
How to clean
Every week make sure you clean your Child’scute soft stuffed animal.
- Use hot or water to clean since hot water will kill the germs and gentle cycle.
- You do not have to purchase a different detergent to clean the stuffed toy; any detergent is good but you should not use too much of it since if the stuffed toy is not rinsed well and some traces of soaps are left on the toy, then it can irritate the sensitive skin of the child.
- You can put the toy in a mesh washing bag depending on the on its size and shape so that you can protect some of its parts like eyes and hair.
- Dry the toys for about 45 minutes to make sure that all the lingering germs are dead. Not all the toys are kept it the dryer since some have some parts that are made of plastic and cannot withstand the heat. For such toys, you can air dry them.
Hand washing stuffed toys
Not all stuffed toys can be cleaned by machines. Hand cleaning a stuffed toy is as easy as cleaning a child.
How to hand clean
For you to hand clean the toys,
- You need a big clean container that can hold a lot of hot water for the toy to submerge.
- Add a few tablespoons of detergent then dip the toy in the water using a pumping motion so that the whole of it can be saturated with water.
- Leave it for about 20 minutes for it soaks. This should be done carefully since there are some toys when you soak them for a long time it damages the fibre.
- Gently scrub the toy to get rid of dust. You must not vigorously clean it since some toys can damage easily.
- When you are rinsing the toy, you can use running water. Keep rising until you get rid of all soap.
For you to dry the stuffed toy after you have hand washed it,
- Drain the container and press down gently several times to push out the water.
- The take a clean towel and roll it to enable it to get rid of more water.
- Use a hairdryer that has low heat to air dry your stuffed toy.
- You can expose them to the sun to dry.
- Use a slicker brush to brush the fur of the toy by doing this you will have sanitized your stuffed toys that cannot be dry cleaned.
- After this, you can put your stuffed toys in a plastic freezer bag and put them in a freezer for about 72 hours to sanitize them.
- For the toys that have electronic components in them then cannot be dipped in water. You have to use a clean piece of cloth than make it dump with water and soap and wipe the stuffed toy.
If you have been wondering how you can sanitize stuffed toys, then wonder no more the above information will help you on how you do it.
Many of us love those little action figures that represent our childhood and our tastes in a beautiful figure nine centimeters high, that through its beautiful colors, characters and special designs we dream of keeping it in good condition for a long time; this is possible by applying a weekly cleaning routine to the figures...
Numerous parents would like to do arts and crafts along with their children; however, sometimes they are uncertain where to start. A sort of art and work that several have learned about in the past few years are something referred to as loom bands. These are little rubber bands that may be crafted in many...